Egg salad is a picnic favorite, but there are so many different recipes that it’s difficult to know which is the best. Though to claim supremacy would be silly, this recipe is so simple that it’s pretty much impossible to get wrong. Therefore, you get delicious egg salad every single time.
Reference: AltoRose on Food.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour (chill time)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
6 large eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the eggs in a pot and add enough water to cover the eggs by at least 1 inch.
2. Bring the water to a boil and then remove the pot from the heat and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the eggs from the hot water and place them into a bowl filled with ice water until they’re completely cool.
4. Peel the cooled eggs and cut them into pieces or mash them with a fork.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
7. Serve on sandwiches or eat by the spoonful for a snack full of protein.