A benediction is a blessing and so is this recipe to breakfast eaters everywhere. By combining the breakfast-favorite Eggs Benedict with a hearty helping of vegetables, you start your day off on a divine note.
Reference: South Beach Diet
Prep Time: 0
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
1/2 cup chopped or canned vegetables
4 tablespoons hollandaise sauce (or a variation)
Splash of oil (olive oil, vegetable oil, coconut oil)
1. Break an egg into a skillet of gently boiling water.
2. Cook for 2-3 minutes, being careful the egg doesn’t stick to the bottom.
3. Heat up your vegetables on a skillet with a splash of oil.
4. Arrange the warm vegetables on a dish.
5. Top the vegetables with your poached eggs.
6. Drizzle on your sauce.
Good to know:
Your vegetables can include fresh or canned or bottled artichoke hearts or any other prepared vegetable including frozen. You can also add toasted English muffins to this recipe.