This yogurt parfait is a tart enough to wake you up but sweet enough to keep you from crawling back into bed. Make one or two the night before a long day so you can catch a couple extra winks of sleep in the morning without worrying about breakfast preparation.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 10-30 minutes (optional)
6 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt (or flavor of your choice)
1/2 cup Maple granola
1/4 cup strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
1/2 pint mason jar (or another dish deep enough to hold parfait)
1. Spoon 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt into the bottom of the jar.
2. Pour 1/4 cup granola on the yogurt.
3. Layer with blue berries.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 and then layer with strawberries.
5. Continue layering until the jar is filled.
6. Tastes best after 30 minutes in the refrigerator or 10 minutes in the freezer./h1>
Good to know:
Fruit preserves can be used instead of fresh fruit. Ground flax seed meal can be added for extra fiber. Parfaits keep well in the refrigerator for several days after being made.