Nothing goes together quite like elbow macaroni and oozing cheese. This is a quick path to everyone’s favorite childhood side dish.
Reference: Marie on Food.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
8 ounces elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese/cheeses of your choice)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the macaroni, according to package directions (about 10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper, being careful the mixture does not clump. A whisk or fork helps here.
4. Add the milk slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Once the mixture is bubbly, add the cheese, stirring until it melts.
6. Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce, gently mixing until it is fully coated.