Sweet Potatoes are high in nutritional value, good for your skin, and excellent for relieving muscle tension. Make sure you leave the skin on, though, because much of the nutritional value is located there.
Reference: Janice Haugan
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50-75 minutes
Sweet potatoes (or yams)
Unsalted butter (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit.
2. Line a pan with the aluminum foil.
3. Wash the sweet potatoes and poke a few holes in each one with a fork so that they won’t explode while cooking.
4. Place the sweet potatoes on the foil so that they are not touching each other.
5. Bake until soft or 50-75 minutes depending on the size of the sweet potato. (Sticking a fork in the sweet potato is an easy way to test its softness.)
6. Serve warm with butter, if desired.
Good to know:
Sweet potatoes and yams are not the same vegetable; in North America, we have the easiest access to sweet potatoes, but if you can find bona fide yams, you may use those for this recipe instead of sweet potatoes.