One of the most time-consuming parts of making traditional mashed potatoes is peeling the skin off all the potatoes. With this recipe, you don’t have to worry about that step because the skin on red potatoes is too good not to eat. Just make sure you give it a good wash first.
Reference: B.T. on Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
2. Add the potatoes and cook until tender but still firm or about 10 minutes. You can test doneness by poking them with a fork.
3. Drain and place the potatoes in a large bowl.
4. Combine the potatoes with the butter, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
5. Mash together until smooth and creamy.