Tilapia is one of the mildest fish you can put on your dinner plate. This makes it a delicious fish option even for those kids (and adults) who don’t like the typical taste fish and seafood has.
Reference: AppleChef on Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil and/or a pat of butter (for the pan)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper.
3. Place the flour in a shallow dish; press each fillet into the flour to coat both sides and shake off the excess flour into the sink or a trash can.
4. In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat. You may add the butter at this point as well, stirring it into the oil.
5. Cook the fillets in the skillet until they flake easily with a fork or about 4 minutes on each side.