This recipe plays with the assumption that meats have to be savory to be worth your time. A little brown sugar and some coconut milk will give you a whole new view of chicken.
Note: This recipe may require slightly above average dedication to ingredients or process.
Reference: Anne Townsend, Albuquerque, NM
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 hours
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
8 chicken thighs, skinned
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. Combine the coconut milk and water. Pour into a greased slow cooker.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
3. Cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Good to Know:
Here are two options for what to do with leftover coconut milk.
1. Two or three spoonfuls over vanilla ice cream topped with a cherry makes a flavorful, quick dessert.
2. Family Pina Coladas are good. Pour the coconut milk into a pitcher and add one large can pineapple juice, along with some ice cubes. Decorate with pineapple chunks and cherries.