This soup is particularly good on cold nights, but cauliflower’s impressive nutritional report card might convince you to eat it even on warm days. If you’re searching for a dish full of anti-oxidant benefits, anti-inflammatory benefits, and digestive support, look no further.
Note: This recipe may require slightly above average dedication to ingredients or process.
Reference: Gina on Skinnytaste.com
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour (Unbleached is best; All Purpose works well too)
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 cups fat-free chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
2. Add the flour and stir for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth, onions, and cauliflower and set the heat to medium.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the vegetables are tender or about 20 minutes.
5. Puree with an immersion blender or carefully pour into an upright blender and mix until smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper.