Nothing says good morning like warm muffins. These are packed with protein and veggies and can be made with whatever meats and veggies you have on hand.
Reference: Maggie on Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
8 large eggs
2 tablespoons chopped green onion, to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
6 slices bacon
Pinch ground black pepper
Cooking spray or butter for muffin tins
1. Preheat oven to 350°Fahrenheit. Grease 6 muffin cups with your choice of cooking spray or butter.
2. Place the bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until halfway-cooked or about 5 minutes.
3. Blot the bacon slices with paper towels and cut them into small pieces.
4. Mix the bacon, eggs, tomatoes, green onion, and black pepper together in a bowl.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin cups and bake until each muffin is firm in the middle or 15 to 20 minutes.
Good to know:
You also can add mushrooms, sausages, spinach, or even a scoop of ground flax seed meal to your muffins. If you’re more of a minimalist, you can stick to eggs, green onions, and pepper.