There’s something comforting about peanut butter cookies, but they take a lot of patience. After all the beating and baking, you still have to wait for them to cool–or risk burning your tongue. With this version, there are no ovens involved and no burned tongues!
Reference: Denise on Allrecipes.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes + 20 minutes (cool time)
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
Serves: 36 cookies
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or maple syrup
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, oats, and vanilla.
4. Drop by teaspoons onto the waxed paper.
5. Let the cookies cool on a counter top or in the refrigerator until hardened or about 20 minutes.