You may have hated Brussels sprouts as a child, but you’ll have a hard time resisting this recipe. If the olive oil and salt and pepper don’t sell you on it, the optional glaze will.
Reference: Kaiser Permanente
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 pound Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional glaze: 1/2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar and/or 1 teaspoon honey
1. Trim the stem end off the Brussels sprouts and discard.
2. Cut each sprout in half lengthwise (or in quarters if it is a big sprout).
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until it’s very hot or about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the olive oil, and when it starts to shimmer (about 30 seconds or 1 minute later), add the sprouts to the skillet.
5. Give the pan a good shake to let things settle, and then let the sprouts cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes.
6. Give the pan another good shake or move the sprouts around with a wooden spoon and continue to cook until they are just tender and blackened in places or about 3 minutes more.
7. Season with salt and pepper and add the glaze, if desired.
8. Remove them from the heat and serve immediately.