In case you need to be convinced that more fruits and veggies make a wonderful addition to your usual diet, read all about their benefits.
- Color and Texture: Fruits and veggies add color, texture, and appeal to your plate.
- Convenience: Fruits and veggies are nutritious in any form, including fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, so they’re ready when you are!
- Fiber: Fruits and veggies provide fiber that helps fill you up and keeps your digestive system healthy.
- Low in Calories: Fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories.
- May Reduce Disease Risk: Eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feel healthy and energized.
- Variety: Fruits and veggies are available in an almost infinite variety, so there’s always something new to try!
- A Quick, Natural Snack: Fruits and veggies are nature’s treat and easy to grab for a snack.
- Fun to Eat: Some fruits and veggies crunch; some squirt. Some you peel; some you don’t. Some you can even grow right in your own backyard!
- Fruits and Veggies are Nutritious AND Delicious!
If you’d like to read more, check out our reference listed below:
Top Ten Reasons