Fruit and chocolate is a match made in heaven. Refreshing and sweet, this pair will balance your chocolate cravings and your health consciousness.
Reference: South Beach Diet
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 1-2 minutes
2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate bits or broken bars
1/2 tablespoon whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1. Combine the chocolate and whipping cream in a small bowl or cup.
2. Microwave the mixture on medium for 1 minute or until the chocolate melts.
3. Stir in the vanilla or almond extract and let the mixture cool slightly.
4. Dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate.
5. Place the chocolate covered strawberries onto the waxed paper on a plate.
6. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is hard.
Good to know:
You can also substitute strawberries for banana slices, pieces of mango, or your favorite fruit.